Friday, July 22, 2011

"Remain in Me and I Will Remain in You" - Jesus

Craig Groeschel from LifeChurch.tv has a great series called "RE:" - REmember, REpentance, REnew and REmain.  I just finished listening to the session called "REmain".  You can download the podcast on iTunes to view the message.  This message is centered on the following scripture:

John 15:5-8 - 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
8 This is to my Father`s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.


What a powerful verse that is all to often taken out of context.  Remain in Christ and He WILL remain in us!  So much here, so do yourself a favor and go listen to this message.  He leaves the message with a great nugget of RE's that walk us through REpentance to REvival.  Here it is:

"When you REbuke the enemy and REturn to God, REpenting of your sins and REceiving Christ, your spirit will be REborn and your mind REnewed.  You will be REbuilt and while you are REconciled by Christ's REdeeming work, you will REap the REwards of RElationship causing REvival to break free!"

If that doesn't get your blood pumping, nothing will!  Go to iTunes and download the free podcast by Craig.  Search for LifeChurch.tv: Craig Groeschel - specifically "RE / Remain - Week 4".  You will be encouraged, challenged and blessed if you do!

7-26-11 - Link below added to this podcast:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/re-remain-week-4/id79118912?i=95282294

No comments:

Post a Comment