Friday, February 15, 2013

A Personal Plea to You...from Me


This question has been piercing my heart over the past few weeks:

Will the Word of God stop with me or spread through me?

With that thought in my mind, I feel compelled to do something about it!  It’s easy for me to post the stuff God puts on my heart so that others can choose either to read or ignore…there’s very little skin in the game in that manner.  But I am pretty sure that Jesus did not tell His followers (disciples) to go make disciples so they would post witty God thoughts or scriptures randomly in hopes that someone may read and choose to follow.  Nothing inherently wrong with that, but I don’t believe it should stop there. 

So…this is what I feel I must do with what God is placing in my heart for those of you I call friends and those of you that Facebook calls friends or Twitter calls followers.  I’d like to personally invite any of you who may not know Jesus to contact me and begin a dialogue.  Not so I can try to convince you of anything.  What I mean is that if you have a longing in your heart, are hurting, have questions, or are simply willing to investigate this man I love named Jesus, please contact me.  I am not looking to debate with anyone about other religions or even the existence of God to those who would call themselves atheists; there will be time for that some other day.  I am talking to those genuinely open and wanting to know why we even exist and how Jesus changed everything for you and me.  He is my Savior, My Lord and my Friend, and He can be yours as well!  Message me on Facebook (Rob Boyland) or Twitter (@rboyland), or email me at rboyland01@gmail.com.  If you don’t feel comfortable with me, please seek someone out who will talk with you about this incredible Savior!

For those of you who are believers in Jesus, who have made Him Savior and Lord of your lives, I have a challenge for you.  When you made Jesus your Savior, you also made Him Lord which means every area of your life must reflect who you are in Christ.  Compartmentalizing our lives into church life and secular life is not possible for those who truly claim Jesus as Savior and Lord.  Your marching orders from Jesus Himself are to make disciples.  You are a disciple, and every disciple must make disciples according to the words of Jesus.  That may mean you copy a portion of this message and post to your friends.  It may mean asking some questions to those in your circles.  It may mean helping someone out in need, even if that need is a listening ear.  Jesus said to Love God and Love Others…that means everyone, but especially those in your circle of influence and in your path everyday.  If you feel stuck or just want some practical thought about making disciples, go to Multiply Movement and download the video in the orange box.  It is kinda long, but it is crucial for those of us who claim to be followers of Jesus to step up and begin fulfilling His Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20 to go make disciples!

Guys, I am not trying to twist arms or trick anyone into believing something they shouldn’t.  I am simply tired of living a life where I feel awkward in talking to people about Jesus and the amazing gift He gives to each of us in this…while we were still sinners, Christ died for us on the cross as THE FINAL penalty for death and rose victoriously from the dead three short days later as He conquered death once and for all! For everyone who believes in Him and calls upon His name will be saved and will spend eternity in Heaven!  The reason I share this is simply this – I want to spend eternity with each and every one of you and I would not be a true follower of Christ if I didn’t make an effort to share the good news of Jesus with everyone in my little world.  I love you and most importantly, Jesus loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment